Report of the Task Force on Maryland’s ABLE Program
On December 19, 2014, the Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act was signed into law. This federal law will give many people who acquired disabilities prior to the age of 26 the ability to open tax-exempt bank accounts without losing eligibility for federal means-tested benefits. Funds in these accounts can be used for disability-related
BORN THIS WAY to air on A&E Tues 12/8 at 10pm
BORN THIS WAY Seven young adults with Down syndrome meet at a local recreation center and realize they have more in common than expected. Cameras follow this dynamic group of friends as they pursue their passions and lifelong dreams, explore friendships, romantic relationships and work, all while defying society’s expectations. Click here to go to
If you would like to make a donation through PAYPAL or AMAZON Smile, please click the logos above or send your donations to:
P.O. Box 641
Middletown, MD 21769
F.R.I.E.N.D.S., or Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 7:00pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. For a map click here. Please come and join us.
Click here to view the brochure and find out what we’re all about!
Click here to go to our scholarships page.
TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESS
For more information about upcoming events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about F.R.I.E.N.D.S., please email email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATE – September 17, 2016 for our 15th Annual Buddy Walk!!!
***We would like to thank everyone that came out and supported our 14th Annual Buddy Walk last year. We had over 900 participants and raised over $40,000 for Down Syndrome!!***
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MARYLAND LICENSE PLATE
Click on the license plate below or license plate in the menu at the top of the page to go to the license plate webpage.
For the latest edition of the FRIENDS Newsletter, please click, Coming soon….