2015 Techniques for Success
In its 7th year, the Techniques for Success (TFS) conference provides practical strategies for educating students with Down syndrome and those with other special needs. TFS 2015 will be held on Saturday, November 14, 2015, at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Frederick, Maryland. Conference details are now available, and registration will open on September 10,
Brunswick man wants more opportunities for those with Down syndrome
When Evan Routzahn looks at his daughter, Avery, he sees an exuberant 5-year-old. “She lights up the room,” he said. The Brunswick resident wants to make sure that as his daughter gets older, people will look at her and see all she can do, not what she can’t do. Avery has Down syndrome, and her
If you would like to make a donation through PAYPAL or AMAZON Smile, please click the logos above or send your donations to:
P.O. Box 641
Middletown, MD 21769
F.R.I.E.N.D.S., or Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 7:00pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. For a map click here. Please come and join us.
Click here to view the brochure and find out what we’re all about!
Click here to go to our scholarships page.
TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESS
For more information about upcoming events, please email email@example.com.
For more information about F.R.I.E.N.D.S., please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAVE THE DATE – September 17, 2016 for our 15th Annual Buddy Walk!!!
***We would like to thank everyone that came out and supported our 14th Annual Buddy Walk this year. We had over 900 participants and raised over $40,000 for Down Syndrome!!***
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MARYLAND LICENSE PLATE
Click on the license plate below or license plate in the menu at the top of the page to go to the license plate webpage.
For the latest edition of the FRIENDS Newsletter, please click, Coming soon….