Benefit Dinner for Ava’s 5K for Down Syndrome
On Tuesday, January 27, 2015, Memories Charcoal House, located in Mt. Airy, MD, is hosting a Benefit Dinner to help raise money for Ava’s 5K for Down Syndrome. 10% of all sales from 5:00pm to 9:00pm (dine-in, carryout, and alcohol) will be donated to Ava’s 5K for Down Syndrome, all proceeds from the race will be donated
FRIENDS Valentine’s Day Dance
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Valentine’s Dance will be held on Saturday, Feb. 7 from 6:00-10:00PM at the NEW Middletown Firehall. This event is free to all who attend. Dinner and dessert will be provided. We packed last year’s dance and felt the need for a larger space. We can accommodate up to 400 so please help spread the word to all. Dress attire is encouraged! More details coming soon!
Kearney, Missouri wrestler with Down syndrome wins first career match
KEARNEY, Mo. — Some sports fans consider it the toughest game of them all. The wrestlers at Kearney High School certainly think so. After all, the Bulldogs have won two of the last three Class 3 championships in Missouri. That school’s list of tough guys includes one who achieved his first career win on the
F.R.I.E.N.D.S., or Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 7:00pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. For a map click here. Please come and join us.
Click here to view the brochure and find out what we’re all about!
Click here to go to our scholarships page.
TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESS
For more information about upcoming Techniques for Success seminars, please email TFS@friendsoffredco.org.
For more information about upcoming events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about F.R.I.E.N.D.S., please email email@example.com.
Click on the logo above to shop and donate to FRIENDS through Amazon Smile!
Or if you would like to make a donation, all checks should be payable to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and mailed to:
P.O. Box 641
Middletown, MD. 21769
Save the date – September 19, 2015 for our 14th Annual Buddy Walk!!! More information to follow.
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MARYLAND LICENSE PLATE
Click on the license plate below or license plate in the menu at the top of the page to go to the license plate webpage.
For the latest edition of the FRIENDS Newsletter, please click, Coming soon….