Down Right Spectacular Car Show
Click START button to register your vehicle for the car show. SEE OUR EVENTS PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
State of the Art Conference Scholarship funds available
Scholarships are now available for registrations for the upcoming State of the Art conference on Post Secondary Education and Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. Priority is given to family members (self-advocates are free) and I encourage anyone interested to apply quickly while funds are still available. - Heather Sacks Click here for flyer. Click here for application.
13th Annual Buddy Walk 2014
Ready…Set…Walk! It’s time to celebrate this fun filled day with family and friends and celebrate all individuals with Down Syndrome! We will have activities the whole family can enjoy such as a petting zoo, moon bounces, fun games, entertainment, food, speakers, and much, much more! Awards for the “Top Fundraising Team” and “Most Creative” will be announced
Down Right Spectacular Car Show, Oct. 5th
Click here or the start button to register your car for the upcoming “Down Right Spectacular Car Show” to be held on October 5, 2014 at Harry Grove Stadium! See EVENTS page for more information.
F.R.I.E.N.D.S., or Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 7:00pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. For a map click here. Please come and join us.
Click here to view the brochure and find out what we’re all about!
Click here to go to our scholarships page.
TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESS
For more information about upcoming Techniques for Success seminars, please email TFS@friendsoffredco.org.
For more information about upcoming events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about F.R.I.E.N.D.S., please email email@example.com.
Click on the logo above to shop and donate to FRIENDS through Amazon Smile!
Or if you would like to make a donation, all checks should be payable to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and mailed to:
P.O. Box 641
Middletown, MD. 21769
Save the date – September 20, 2014 for our 13th Annual Buddy Walk!!! More information to follow.
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MARYLAND LICENSE PLATE
Click on the license plate below or license plate in the menu at the top of the page to go to the license plate webpage.
For the latest edition of the FRIENDS Newsletter, please click, Coming soon….