World Down Syndrome Day 2015 Poster Campaign
World Down Syndrome Day is on 3/21/15 to symbolize a third copy of the 21st chromosome in people with Down Syndrome. Please join F.R.I.E.N.D.S. in celebrating the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome on March 21st! Posters are scheduled to be up at schools the week of March 16 – March 20.
The Saylor Center
LEGISLATION TO ESTABLISH THE ETHAN SAYLOR CENTER FOR SELF‐ADVOCATES RECEIVES HEARING IN ANNAPOLIS Pioneering center will prepare people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to participate in training programs for law enforcement and other public sectors FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Annapolis, MD (March 12, 2015) – Senator Ron Young (D‐Frederick) and Del. Carol Krimm (D‐Frederick) introduced legislation
F.R.I.E.N.D.S., or Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 7:00pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. For a map click here. Please come and join us.
Click here to view the brochure and find out what we’re all about!
Click here to go to our scholarships page.
TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESS
For more information about upcoming Techniques for Success seminars, please email TFS@friendsoffredco.org.
For more information about upcoming events, please email email@example.com.
For more information about F.R.I.E.N.D.S., please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the logo above to shop and donate to FRIENDS through Amazon Smile!
Or if you would like to make a donation, all checks should be payable to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and mailed to:
P.O. Box 641
Middletown, MD. 21769
Save the date – September 19, 2015 for our 14th Annual Buddy Walk!!! More information to follow.
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MARYLAND LICENSE PLATE
Click on the license plate below or license plate in the menu at the top of the page to go to the license plate webpage.
For the latest edition of the FRIENDS Newsletter, please click, Coming soon….