What Really Happens When You Use the R-Word
We are free to express ourselves (in accordance with the law), just about any way that we choose to. I do not enjoy hearing the “R” word: “retard” and “retarded.” And I will tell you why… As these two words are now commonly used? They are (at all times), meant as a euphemistic put-down. And the genesis
Meeting March 4, 2014 – CANCELLED
HI All~ We apologize for the late notice, but we are going to cancel tonight’s meeting! The cold temps, possible icy road conditions tonight, and FCPS closure all factored into our decision. Again, we are so sorry to be late with this message! We will touch base with more information regarding a March meeting. Please
F.R.I.E.N.D.S., or Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. For a map click here. Please come and join us.
Click here to view the brochure and find out what we’re all about!
Click here to go to our scholarships page.
TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESS
For more information about upcoming Techniques for Success seminars, please email TFS@friendsoffredco.org.
For more information about upcoming events, please email email@example.com.
For more information about F.R.I.E.N.D.S., please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on logo to go to our 12th Annual Buddy Walk page!
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MARYLAND LICENSE PLATE
Click on the license plate below or license plate in the menu at the top of the page to go to the license plate webpage.
For the latest edition of the FRIENDS Newsletter, please click, Coming soon….