F.R.I.E.N.D.S., or Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome is a non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 6:30pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. Please come and join us. For more information on our group meetings please check the events page.
Alternatively, feel free to drop us a note using the form below, we are always excited for the opportunity to help answer any questions you might have.
(Updated by-laws coming soon!)